PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- Due to the forecast of a winter storm, the city of Peekskill has announced a winter-parking weather alert will be in effect starting at 8 p.m. on Saturday and last until it is officially rescinded.
- All overnight parking (from 8 p.m. to 8 a.m.) on non-alternate side streets is prohibited.
- Overnight parking will be permitted on the streets where alternate side of the street parking is permitted.
- Motorists are cautioned to follow the posted signs and ensure they are on the proper side of the street to avoid being ticketed.
- Parking between 8 p.m. and 8 a.m. is prohibited on any street that does not have winter/alternate side parking signage.
- Vehicles found in violation of this ordinance will be towed at the owner’s expense and fined $50. Motorists are asked to cooperate to ensure that snow removal operations can be completed without hindrance from illegally parked vehicles.
- The city is reminding residents that the winter- parking weather alert will be rescinded only once snow removal operations have been completed, not simply at the conclusion of the storm.
- 1 Police Seek Public's Help In Search For Missing Yorktown Woman, 43
- 2 State Police Search For Suspect In Cortlandt Gas Station Robbery
- 3 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 4 Cortlandt Man Charged After Being In Possession Of Drugs, Counterfeit Bills
- 5 Serious Accident Reported On Taconic State Parkway