PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- Due to the forecast of a winter storm, the city of Peekskill has announced a winter-parking weather alert will be in effect starting at 8 p.m. on Saturday and last until it is officially rescinded.
- All overnight parking (from 8 p.m. to 8 a.m.) on non-alternate side streets is prohibited.
- Overnight parking will be permitted on the streets where alternate side of the street parking is permitted.
- Motorists are cautioned to follow the posted signs and ensure they are on the proper side of the street to avoid being ticketed.
- Parking between 8 p.m. and 8 a.m. is prohibited on any street that does not have winter/alternate side parking signage.
- Vehicles found in violation of this ordinance will be towed at the owner’s expense and fined $50. Motorists are asked to cooperate to ensure that snow removal operations can be completed without hindrance from illegally parked vehicles.
- The city is reminding residents that the winter- parking weather alert will be rescinded only once snow removal operations have been completed, not simply at the conclusion of the storm.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.