PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- No one is longing for sustained warmer weather more than Rita's in Peekskill, which services ices and custard.
Businesses like Rita's have been hit hard by the gloomy and cold weather that has seemed to run uninterrupted since November.
"Is it ever coming?" asked Irene DeAngelis, who runs Rita's at 1877 East Main St. in the Beaches Shopping Center. "It's very discouraging, we have to make ends meet."
DeAngelis said she checks the weather forecast each morning to decide how many ices to make.
"I had to put my winter coat on this morning!" DeAngelis said.
Linda Cyr, who was at the shop and works for a social media company that helps market Rita's, said she tries not watch the weather forecasts.
"We have to go with whatever Mother Nature throws us and adapt," Cyr said. "We can't control the weather but we can control how we react."
Cyr noted how she turned on the heat in her home Wednesday but she said she is confident spring is coming.
"I've seen hummingbirds and daffodils," Cyr said.
- 1 Police Seek Public's Help In Search For Missing Yorktown Woman, 43
- 2 State Police Search For Suspect In Cortlandt Gas Station Robbery
- 3 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 4 Serious Accident Reported On Taconic State Parkway
- 5 2015 Board, Officers Elected For Peekskill Business Improvement District