PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- No one is longing for sustained warmer weather more than Rita's in Peekskill, which services ices and custard.
Businesses like Rita's have been hit hard by the gloomy and cold weather that has seemed to run uninterrupted since November.
"Is it ever coming?" asked Irene DeAngelis, who runs Rita's at 1877 East Main St. in the Beaches Shopping Center. "It's very discouraging, we have to make ends meet."
DeAngelis said she checks the weather forecast each morning to decide how many ices to make.
"I had to put my winter coat on this morning!" DeAngelis said.
Linda Cyr, who was at the shop and works for a social media company that helps market Rita's, said she tries not watch the weather forecasts.
"We have to go with whatever Mother Nature throws us and adapt," Cyr said. "We can't control the weather but we can control how we react."
Cyr noted how she turned on the heat in her home Wednesday but she said she is confident spring is coming.
"I've seen hummingbirds and daffodils," Cyr said.
- 1 Peekskill's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 'Light The Night Walk' Team Participates In Memory Of Peekskill Man
- 3 Letter: Peekskill Must Eliminate Longevity Bonuses
- 4 Hendrick Hudson High School Locked Down For Second Day In A Row
- 5 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home