PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- No one is longing for sustained warmer weather more than Rita's in Peekskill, which services ices and custard.
Businesses like Rita's have been hit hard by the gloomy and cold weather that has seemed to run uninterrupted since November.
"Is it ever coming?" asked Irene DeAngelis, who runs Rita's at 1877 East Main St. in the Beaches Shopping Center. "It's very discouraging, we have to make ends meet."
DeAngelis said she checks the weather forecast each morning to decide how many ices to make.
"I had to put my winter coat on this morning!" DeAngelis said.
Linda Cyr, who was at the shop and works for a social media company that helps market Rita's, said she tries not watch the weather forecasts.
"We have to go with whatever Mother Nature throws us and adapt," Cyr said. "We can't control the weather but we can control how we react."
Cyr noted how she turned on the heat in her home Wednesday but she said she is confident spring is coming.
"I've seen hummingbirds and daffodils," Cyr said.
- 1 Body Pulled From Hudson ID'd As Missing Kayaker In Murder Case
- 2 Police Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs
- 3 Fiancee Pulled Paddle Away As Hudson River Victim Flailed, Prosecutors Say
- 4 Boil Water Advisory Affects 150,000 Westchester Residents
- 5 Man Charged After Crashing Boat Into Verplanck Sea Wall