WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The surprise snowfall that began falling throughout Westchester County on Saturday morning resulted in numerous accidents and hazardous driving conditions.
Route 9A was closed in both directions in the area of Stormytown Road north and Route 9 south in Ossining following an accident reported at 10:50 a.m., before reopening early in the afternoon.
An accident on the southbound Saw Mill RIver Parkway near Ashford Avenue in Dobbs Ferry was reported at 11:30 a.m. Another accident, reported at 9:45 a.m. on Route 202 in Yorktown, occurred at the intersection of Route 132.
Route 6 East in Jefferson Valley at Route 6N was closed for more than an hour near the Mahopac border following an accident reported at 10:30 a.m.
Snow is expected to end by early afternoon Saturday.
- 1 Peekskill's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 'Light The Night Walk' Team Participates In Memory Of Peekskill Man
- 3 Hendrick Hudson High School Locked Down For Second Day In A Row
- 4 Letter: Peekskill Must Eliminate Longevity Bonuses
- 5 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible To Peekskill Residents