WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The surprise snowfall that began falling throughout Westchester County on Saturday morning resulted in numerous accidents and hazardous driving conditions.
Route 9A was closed in both directions in the area of Stormytown Road north and Route 9 south in Ossining following an accident reported at 10:50 a.m., before reopening early in the afternoon.
An accident on the southbound Saw Mill RIver Parkway near Ashford Avenue in Dobbs Ferry was reported at 11:30 a.m. Another accident, reported at 9:45 a.m. on Route 202 in Yorktown, occurred at the intersection of Route 132.
Route 6 East in Jefferson Valley at Route 6N was closed for more than an hour near the Mahopac border following an accident reported at 10:30 a.m.
Snow is expected to end by early afternoon Saturday.
- 1 Family Of Peekskill Man Killed In Tracy Morgan Crash Settles
- 2 Peekskill Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 3 Peekskill's Hudson Valley Gateway Chamber Celebrates 100 Years
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Peekskill
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow