NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- New Rochelle native and Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice and Janay Palmer were married Friday, March 29, a day after Rice was indicted Thursday on charges that he struck Palmer earlier this year.
According to a report by the Baltimore Sun, Ravens wide receiver Torrey Smith said he visited Rice and Palmer after Friday's ceremony and they are "in a good place."
Rice and Palmer, who police said were involved in a physical altercation at an Atlantic City casino on Feb. 15, are currently in counseling, according to Ravens officials.
Rice, a standout player at New Rochelle High School before setting rushing records at Rutgers University then moving on to the Ravens where he won the Super Bowl in 2014, has been a consistent supporter of youth and the Bew Rochelle schools since turning professional. He runs his annual Ray Rice Day football camp in the city each summer.
Rice, 27, learned Thursday that Atlantic County prosecutors had handed up the indictment on Third-degree aggravated assault, which can result in a prison sentence of three to five years.
Both Rice and Palmer were initially charged with simple assault. The charge against Palmer, 26, has been dismissed.
- 1 Police Seek Public's Help In Search For Missing Yorktown Woman, 43
- 2 State Police Search For Suspect In Cortlandt Gas Station Robbery
- 3 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 4 Cortlandt Man Charged After Being In Possession Of Drugs, Counterfeit Bills
- 5 Serious Accident Reported On Taconic State Parkway