PEEKSKILL, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Peekskill this week:
- The parents of a former Peekskill student have filed suit against the school district after representatives allegedly took her to a clinic that gave her birth control pills without the parents' consent, according to LoHud.com.
- Peekskill Police Chief Eric Johansen has requested that the Common Council waive the requirement that he live within Peekskill proper, according to theexaminernews.com.
- A registered sex offender from Yorktown was sentenced to an additional eight years in prison for a third-degree criminal sex act, according to the Putnam County district attorney's office.
- Hurricane season officially began on June 1, and with Sandy and Irene still fresh in the memories of many locals, the government is advising Westchester to prepare for potential natural disasters.
- 1 Man, 24, In Custody After Shooting Injures Two In Peekskill
- 2 Peekskill Named One Of State's 10 Most Fiscally Stressed School Districts
- 3 Westchester High Schools Rank High Among New York's Best
- 4 100-Year-Old Peekskill Resident Attends Hudson Valley Chamber Gala
- 5 Snow Likely Overnight Thursday In Peekskill