PEEKSKILL, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Peekskill this week:
- The parents of a former Peekskill student have filed suit against the school district after representatives allegedly took her to a clinic that gave her birth control pills without the parents' consent, according to LoHud.com.
- Peekskill Police Chief Eric Johansen has requested that the Common Council waive the requirement that he live within Peekskill proper, according to theexaminernews.com.
- A registered sex offender from Yorktown was sentenced to an additional eight years in prison for a third-degree criminal sex act, according to the Putnam County district attorney's office.
- Hurricane season officially began on June 1, and with Sandy and Irene still fresh in the memories of many locals, the government is advising Westchester to prepare for potential natural disasters.
- 1 Police Investigating After Man's Body Is Found In Peekskill Creek
- 2 Peekskill Restaurant Fined By New York Liquor Authority
- 3 Two Charged With Stealing Power Tools At Cortlandt Home Depot
- 4 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents
- 5 Police Seek Public's Help In Search For Missing Man In Yorktown