OSSINING, N.Y -- The plan to hunt deer over four nights on Ossining's Teatown Lake Reservation due to their overabundance has been allowed to move forward, according to LoHud.com.
A state judge blocked a temporary restraining order filed by two residents who say they are within rifle range of the area, the report said.
Teatown procured all the necessary permits and had sent a letter to its neighbors explaining the situation and the safety precautions that will be taken, according to the report. A date for the hunt has not been set.
Read the full article here.
- 1 State Police Warn Peekskill Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 3 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 4 Peekskill Girls Hold Off Rye, Head For Third Straight Sectional Final
- 5 Peekskill Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday