BUCHANAN, N.Y. - Indian Point Unit 3 was restored to service early Friday morning, Entergy officials said, after being knocked off the grid by an electrical disturbance during Hurricane Sandy.
An electrical disturbance from outside the plant caused unit 3's main generator to automatically shut down.
There was no danger from the shut down, plant officials said.
- 1 Early Morning Shooting At Cortlandt Manor Pub Under Investigation
- 2 Peekskill Man Charged In Shoplifting Incident At Yorktown Sears
- 3 Peekskill Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 4 Westchester's Highest Snowfall Totals Are Expected North Of I-287
- 5 Westchester School Closing, Early Dismissal Rundown