BUCHANAN, N.Y. - Indian Point Unit 3 was restored to service early Friday morning, Entergy officials said, after being knocked off the grid by an electrical disturbance during Hurricane Sandy.
An electrical disturbance from outside the plant caused unit 3's main generator to automatically shut down.
There was no danger from the shut down, plant officials said.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Peekskill
- 3 The Grinch Makes An Appearance At Decorated Peekskill Home
- 4 Knife-Wielding Mohegan Lake Man Threatens Good Samaritan, Say Police
- 5 Former Peekskill Resident Honored By Bill Belichick Foundation