BUCHANAN, N.Y. - Indian Point Unit 3 was restored to service early Friday morning, Entergy officials said, after being knocked off the grid by an electrical disturbance during Hurricane Sandy.
An electrical disturbance from outside the plant caused unit 3's main generator to automatically shut down.
There was no danger from the shut down, plant officials said.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 2 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 3 Men Shot, Killed Before Hutchinson River Parkway Crash ID'd
- 4 Credit Card Skimmer Discovery At Area Bank Prompts Concern
- 5 Croton Police Gathering Evidence In Lacey Carr Death Probe