BUCHANAN, N.Y. - Indian Point Unit 3 was restored to service early Friday morning, Entergy officials said, after being knocked off the grid by an electrical disturbance during Hurricane Sandy.
An electrical disturbance from outside the plant caused unit 3's main generator to automatically shut down.
There was no danger from the shut down, plant officials said.
- 1 State Police Warn Peekskill Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Cortlandt Manor Man Killed In Hit-And-Run Accident
- 3 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 4 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation
- 5 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield