OSSINING, N.Y. -- Assemblywoman Sandy Galef (D-Ossining) has announced a change of venue for the first town hall meeting to the Ossining Library.
Galef previously announced five town meetings she is hosting at various sites throughout the 95th Assembly District. The location of the first town hall meeting at 7 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 23 will be in the Budarz Theater in the Ossining Public Library at 53 Croton Ave. in Ossining.
“I am always excited to host Town Hall meetings within the district I represent,” said Galef in a release. “This offers me an opportunity to learn more about the issues which matter most directly from the people who I have been elected to represent.”
If the weather is inclement residents are asked to call Galef’s district office at (914) 941-1111 or the local library for an update on whether the meeting will proceed as scheduled.
The following is an updated listing of the Town Meeting schedule for 2014:
- Thursday, Jan. 23, 7-9 p.m., Ossining Public Library, 53 Croton Avenue, Ossining, NY 10562 (Budarz Theater on the Lower Level)
- Saturday, Jan. 25, 10 am-12 noon, Hendrick Hudson Free Library, 185 Kings Ferry Road, Montrose, NY 10548 and 1-3 pm, Julia L. Butterfield Memorial Library, 10 Morris Avenue, Cold Spring, NY 10516
- Thursday, Jan. 30, 7-9 p.m., The Field Library, 4 Nelson Avenue, Peekskill, NY 10566 (Senior Nutrition Room on the Main Level)
- Saturday, Feb. 1, 1-3 p.m., Kent Public Library, 17 Sybil’s Crossing, Kent Lakes, NY 10512
For more information, residents can contact the Assemblywoman’s office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 914-941-1111.
- 1 Man, 24, In Custody After Shooting Injures Two In Peekskill
- 2 Peekskill Named One Of State's 10 Most Fiscally Stressed School Districts
- 3 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Peekskill; 6-12 Inches Of Snow Likely
- 4 Westchester High Schools Rank High Among New York's Best
- 5 Snow Could Affect Friday Morning Commute In Peekskill