Fire At Cortlandt Assisted Living Facility Is Extinguished

  • Comments (1)

CORTLANDT, N.Y. -- The Montrose Fire Department has extinguished a fire Thursday morning at the Bethel Springvale Inn, a Croton assisted living facility.

The fire originated in two boilers in the boiler room, causing the building to fill up with smoke, according to John Jackson, incident commander for the Montrose Fire Department.

Residents were evacuated to a cafeteria where there was no smoke, Jackson said. Croton and Buchanan fire departments assisted with the fire, along with The  Montrose  Veterans Affairs Fire Department

It took firefighters about 30 minutes to extinguish the blaze and residents went inside at 10:30 a.m. after being evaluated by the Cortlandt Ambulance Corps, Jackson said. The building was also checked for carbon monoxide and no injuries were reported, Jackson said.

"The firefighters from Montrose did a perfect textbook job in fighting the fire," Jackson said.

  • 1
    Comments

Comments (1)

Mr G:

Glade to hear no one was hurt.

In Other News

Police & Fire

Police Charge Three After Altercation At Cortlandt Bar