CORTLANDT, N.Y. – Clayton Carpenter of Cortlandt Manor, a 31-year-old serving as a captain in the U.S. Army, was killed in a helicopter accident late Wednesday near Savannah, Ga., according to multiple reports.
Carpenter died and two other crew members suffered minor injuries after the Black Hawk helicopter made a hard landing during a routine mission at Hunter Army Airfield, according to reports.
A native of Brooklyn who grew up in Cortlandt, Carpenter had served tours in Afghanistan and Iraq and was a track-and-field standout at Lakeland High School, according to LoHud.com.
The cause of the crash is being investigated, according to reports.
Carpenter's parents, Paul and Colette, and a teenaged brother reside in Cortlandt Manor, according to News12.
- 1 Peekskill School District Budget Approved
- 2 Man Charged With Distributing Crystal Meth As Part Of Westchester Bust
- 3 Obama Will Fly Into Westchester Airport For Big-Ticket Fundraiser
- 4 Peekskill Democrats Pick Candidates For November Election
- 5 Tarrytown's Happy Rockefeller, Wife Of Late Nelson Rockefeller, Dies