SOMERS, N.Y. -- New York State Police recovered the body of an elderly Somers man who jumped from the Bear Mountain Bridge earlier this month on Friday, according to LoHud.com.
Emmanual Valsamakis, 81, was a longtime employee of IBM and received a patent with two other men for an invention relating to semiconductors in the 1980s, LoHud.com reported.
State Police had searched for Valsamakis from the time he jumped on June 15 until last Wednesday, June 18. The body was found on Friday near Stony Point, LoHud.com said.
- 1 Hudson Valley Expo Returns To Peekskill For First Time In 70 Years
- 2 Man Charged With Multiple Traffic Infractions On Route 202
- 3 Police Officer From Mohegan Lake Sues Shoe Manufacturer After Injury
- 4 Man With 20-Plus Convictions Charged In Peekskill Beauty Salon Burglary
- 5 Man Charged With DWI After Head-On Collision On Bear Mountain Bridge Road