PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Peekskill last week:
- New York State Police conducted several DWI checkpoints throughout Westchester on Saturday, Aug. 23 and Sunday, Aug. 24, that resulted in the arrest of five suspects, including drivers from Peekskill and Yonkers, officials said.
- A lawsuit brought against the Peekskill school district by a father and former teacher after his 16-year-old daughter was taken to receive birth control without his knowledge has been moved to federal court, according to LoHud.com.
- A 16-year-old Mohegan Lake girl jumped from the Bear Mountain Bridge on Tuesday and survived the fall, according to LoHud.com.
- Hudson Valley Hospital Center confirmed on Monday that it will be pursuing an affiliation with NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital in the latest in a series of hospital partnerships that have occurred in the region this year.
- Peekskill residents who have Cablevision as their provider are paying the highest monthly bill in the country on average, according to the International Business Times.