PEEKSKILL, N.Y. – There’s plenty to do in and around Peekskill this Mother’s Day weekend.
Friday, May 11
• Deuces Child at the Birdsall House: 6 to 9 p.m. The band will be performing a free set in the beer garden. The Birdsall House is located at 970 Main St.
• Gypsy Jazz with Doug Munro at BeanRunner Café: 7:30 to 10:30 p.m. Admission is $10. The BeanRunner Café is located at 201 S. Division St.
• Curtis Winchester, & Twisted Soul at 12 Grapes: 8 to 10:30 p.m. Admission is a $5 fee for everyone, including diners. 12 Grapes is located at 12 N. Division St.
Saturday, May 12
• Field Library Historic Treasures and Rare Artifacts: 1 to 4 p.m. View a select group of distinguished maps, documents and unique objects rarely seen by the public. The Field Library is located at 4 Nelson Ave.
• Poetry Reading and Book Signing with Mervyn Taylor and Margo Stever at BeanRunner Café: 3 to 5 p.m. Books will be available for purchase and the poets will be signing them after the reading.
• Vintage Vinyl at Birdsall House: 3 to 6 p.m. The band will be performing a free set in the outdoor beer garden.
• The Fab Faux at the Paramount: 9 to 11 p.m. The Beatles cover band will play your favorites from the Fab Four’s later albums. Tickets range from $45 to $125. The Paramount Center for the Arts is located at 1008 Brown St.
• Ray Blue Quartet at BeanRunner Café: 9:30 to 11:30 p.m. Peekskill’s own Ray Blue will be performing songs of his new album, “Berries and Blues." Admission is $10.
Sunday, May 13
• "The Queen of Spades" at the Paramount: 1 to 4 p.m. A masterpiece of expressionist Russian drama, the opera was filmed at the Gran Teatre del Liceu, Barcelona. Admission is $20 for the public, $16 for members.
• The Fountainheads at Temple Israel of Northern Westchester: 11 a.m. The Mother’s Day concert will feature the world-renowned Israeli music group The Fountainheads. Admission is free and a donation of $36 is suggested. Temple Israel is located at 31 Glengary Road in Croton-on-Hudson.