PEEKSKILL, N.Y. – Dozens of art lovers headed to Downtown Peekskill Saturday night for a tour of the art on display.
Peekskill Project V sponsored a Winter Windows Art Crawl , a guided tour of 14 illuminated artworks installed in storefront windows throughout the downtown area.
The event is a collaboration between the Hudson Valley Center For Contemporary Art and the Peekskill Downtown Business Improvement District (BID).
"One of the big goals of the project is to take art outside of the museum and into the city, so we were really excited to partner with the BID to bring some of our Peekskill Project artists into the downtown," said Peekskill Project curator Anna Adler.
The displays were made specifically for the downtown storefronts, and use both vacant and occupied spaces.
The complete list of window displays, which will be up for viewing until Dec. 31:
1. Hugo's, 1007 Brown St.
Martha Mysko & Willie Wayne Smith, Jonathan Stanish
2. Paramount Center for the Arts , 1008 Brown St.
Marcy Chevali,Tim & Talia Trewhella
3. F Sharp, 25 South Division St.
James Mulvaney, Hu Bing
4. Energy Movement Center, 925 South St.
5. Hudson Valley Gateway Chamber of
Commerce , 1 South Division St.
6. Family Ties, 8 North Division St.
Peekskill Youth Bureau artists
7. 3 &Co., 23 North Division St.
8 Westchester Community College , 27 North Division St.
9. Birdsall House, 970 Main St.
10. Parking Lot next to Baxter's Pharmacy
11. Baxter's Pharmacy, 950 Main St.
12. Pop Up Gallery, 906 Main St.
Nancy Bowen, Jo-Ann Brody, Kerry Cox,
Ada Cruz, Adam Deville, Chantel
Foretich, Ryan Humphrey, Carla Rae
Johnson, Barbara Korman, Nelson
Loskamp, Luis Maldonado, Eva Mantell,
Don Porcella, Gae Savannah
Also on display: Scott Camera, 12 South Division St .
Peekskill Arts Alliance
Art pieces “Small in Size and Price.”