MONTROSE, N.Y. -- The 2013 Stay Awake-A-Thon fund-raising season has begun.
This year's event will be from May 4 at 6 p.m. to May 5 at 6 p.m. at Hendrick Hudson High School.
Team leaders for this year's Hendrick Hudson High School Leos event will meet on Feb. 26 at the high school in room 109 at 7:30 p.m., and other interested in taking part are also invited to attend.
There are only 11 weeks left to raise funds before the event, so any student wishing to spend the night at the school for the event must raise $100 individually before bank night, which is May 1.
Those who need help with fund-raising or need some new ideas can join the team captains at their Feb. 26 meeting or send a representative from their team.
Proceeds from the event will go towards The Cancer Center at Hudson Valley Hospital Center, The Kathleen F Marks Memorial Foundation, Happiness Is Camping, and Maria Fareri Children’s Hospital.
This year's goal is to raise $70,000. History has shown that the teams that get started sooner, are able to raise more money.
- 1 Man, 24, In Custody After Shooting Injures Two In Peekskill
- 2 Peekskill Named One Of State's 10 Most Fiscally Stressed School Districts
- 3 Westchester High Schools Rank High Among New York's Best
- 4 100-Year-Old Peekskill Resident Attends Hudson Valley Chamber Gala
- 5 Snow Likely Overnight Thursday In Peekskill