WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – If you're a lonely heart in New York looking for that missed connection, you're most likely to find that person on the subway, according to a study published in Psychology Today.
The study gives a state-by-state map showing the most common places for "missed connections" – the posts on Craigslist in which the poster tries to track down a person they met somewhere and want to get in touch with.
New York is not the only state where people try to find love on public transportation. Massachusetts, Washington, D.C., New Jersey, Washington and Oregon also head there for their missed connections.
What's the most common place in the country to find missed connections? That would be Walmart.
- 1 Peekskill Man, 31, Charged With Sexually Abusing Child
- 2 Pair Arrested On Burglary Charges In Cortlandt
- 3 Yorktown Police Charge Peekskill Woman With Suspended Registration
- 4 Deskovic Lists Peekskill Detective's Actions In Coercion Trial
- 5 Actor Bruce Willis Buys Two Westchester Properties, Report Says