WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – If you're a lonely heart in New York looking for that missed connection, you're most likely to find that person on the subway, according to a study published in Psychology Today.
The study gives a state-by-state map showing the most common places for "missed connections" – the posts on Craigslist in which the poster tries to track down a person they met somewhere and want to get in touch with.
New York is not the only state where people try to find love on public transportation. Massachusetts, Washington, D.C., New Jersey, Washington and Oregon also head there for their missed connections.
What's the most common place in the country to find missed connections? That would be Walmart.
- 1 Police Seek Public's Help In Search For Missing Yorktown Woman, 43
- 2 State Police Search For Suspect In Cortlandt Gas Station Robbery
- 3 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 4 Serious Accident Reported On Taconic State Parkway
- 5 2015 Board, Officers Elected For Peekskill Business Improvement District