PEEKSKILL, N.Y. — The city’s youth bureau will host its third annual Men Who Cook event on Saturday, Oct. 13, at the Youth Center Building on Main Street.
The all-you-can-eat buffet will run from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. For $20 (less for seniors and children), attendees can eat all they want with more than 60 dishes to choose from including a wide variety of gourmet desserts. There also will be live entertainment for diners.
Proceeds from the event will go toward funding youth bureau programs. Men Who Cook is one of several youth bureau programs that highlight the positive role that Peekskill men, both young and old, play in the community. Men who Read is another such program, in which young men read to children and distribute free books and refreshments.
“In these trying economic times, where government grants for youth programs have dwindled, Men who Cook is a way for us to raise money and help keep some of our youth programs running, so I urge the community to come out and support it,” said Valerie Swan, director of the Peekskill Youth Bureau.
The Peekskill Youth Bureau is located at 828 Main St. To guarantee a seat at the table, call Melissa Paget at (914) 734-8418 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org to make a reservation.
- 1 Peekskill Mayor Drops Attempt To Oust City Manager
- 2 Two Women, Man Charged In Jefferson Valley Mall Parking Lot Heroin Bust
- 3 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 4 Suspect Charged In Peekskill 'Bicycle Bandit' Robbery
- 5 Mohegan Lake Man Breaks Nose Of Former Employee, Police Say