WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The Tax Foundation released a report recently that ranked New York as one of the states where $100 is "worth" the least.
The Tax Foundation took the average prices of similar goods to determine how far $100 would go in the 50 sates and Washington, D.C.
The worst performing states were: District of Columbia ($84.60), Hawaii ($85.32), New York ($86.66), New Jersey ($87.64), and California ($88.57).
Conversley, the best performing states included: Mississippi ($115.74), Arkansas ($114.16), Missouri ($113.51), Alabama (113.51), and South Dakota ($113.38).
Neighboring Connecticut fared better than the Empire State, but still fell below the national average, with $100 equating to $91.41 compared to areas closer to the average.
- 1 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 2 Peekskill Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 Peekskill Girls Hold Off Rye, Head For Third Straight Sectional Final
- 4 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 5 Snow Likely At End Of Weekend In Peekskill