WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The Tax Foundation released a report recently that ranked New York as one of the states where $100 is "worth" the least.
The Tax Foundation took the average prices of similar goods to determine how far $100 would go in the 50 sates and Washington, D.C.
The worst performing states were: District of Columbia ($84.60), Hawaii ($85.32), New York ($86.66), New Jersey ($87.64), and California ($88.57).
Conversley, the best performing states included: Mississippi ($115.74), Arkansas ($114.16), Missouri ($113.51), Alabama (113.51), and South Dakota ($113.38).
Neighboring Connecticut fared better than the Empire State, but still fell below the national average, with $100 equating to $91.41 compared to areas closer to the average.
- 1 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says
- 2 Peekskill Mayor Seeks Improvements At Train Station, Wants MTA Meeting
- 3 Daily Voice Leaders: Ken Martin, Mayoral Candidate, City Of Peekskill
- 4 Ramp Closure, Heavy Delays On Taconic State Parkway
- 5 Hudson Valley Expo Returns To Peekskill For First Time In 70 Years