WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The Tax Foundation released a report recently that ranked New York as one of the states where $100 is "worth" the least.
The Tax Foundation took the average prices of similar goods to determine how far $100 would go in the 50 sates and Washington, D.C.
The worst performing states were: District of Columbia ($84.60), Hawaii ($85.32), New York ($86.66), New Jersey ($87.64), and California ($88.57).
Conversley, the best performing states included: Mississippi ($115.74), Arkansas ($114.16), Missouri ($113.51), Alabama (113.51), and South Dakota ($113.38).
Neighboring Connecticut fared better than the Empire State, but still fell below the national average, with $100 equating to $91.41 compared to areas closer to the average.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Peekskill
- 3 The Grinch Makes An Appearance At Decorated Peekskill Home
- 4 Knife-Wielding Mohegan Lake Man Threatens Good Samaritan, Say Police
- 5 Former Peekskill Resident Honored By Bill Belichick Foundation