PEEKSKILL, N.Y. It's going to be a another hot weekend in Peekskill, but there are plenty of cool things to do both indoors and outdoors.
Friday, July 6
- The Hahnbone Band at 12 Grapes: 9:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. World-class musicians perform renditions from artists like Otis Redding, Joe Cocker, Teddy Pendergrass, Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles and bands like Santana, Steely Dan, Cream and the Allman Brothers. Admission is a $10 entertainment fee or $5 with a dinner entree. 12 N. Division St.
- Orlando Marin at BeanRunner Cafe: 7:30-10:30 p.m. Orlando Marin, a contemporary of such greats as Tito Puente, Machito and Tito Rodriguez is the only orchestra leader from New York'?s golden era of mambo who still performs regularly. Admission is $10. 201 S. Division St.
- Chris Isaac at The Paramount: 8 p.m. Don't miss Chris Isaak performing songs from his new album, "Beyond The Sun," as well as other songs at The Paramount. Tickets range from $55-75.
Saturday, July 7
- Peekskill Farmers' Market: 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Vendors will be selling everything from fresh produce to locally made honey to fresh meat and seafood. Bank Street.
- The C.C.C. European Exchange Band at BeanRunner Cafe : 9-11:30 p.m. For the past five years, Peekskill's Ray Blue has conducted workshops for jazz ensembles at the Palmgren Conservatory in Pori, Finland. Blue and Palmgren?s Headmaster Juha Jarvinen have now initiated an annual Pro-Am Ensemble student exchange program and will have international students performing. Admission is $10.
- Blue Oyster Cult at The Paramount: 8 p.m. Get ready for a night of legendary hard rock with band members Eric Bloom, Donald Buck Dharma Roeser, Rudy Sarzo, Richie Castellano and Jules Radino. Tickets range from $30-$50.
- Jeremy Baum's All-Stars at 12 Grapes: 9:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. Jeremy Baum is a national-touring organist who has recorded and performed with industry greats like Levon Helm, Garth Hudson, Richie Havens, the North Mississippi Allstars, John Hammond Jr. and more. Admission is $5 for all, including diners.
Sunday, July 8
- Peekskill Attic Treasures Flea Market: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Vendors will be selling everything from video games and music to footwear and purses. Bank Street.
- Noo Moves Entertainment's Artist Appreciation Showcase at BeanRunner Cafe : 6-9 p.m. A complete variety show featuring hip-hop, spoken word, R&B and more. Admission is $5.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.