PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- From live jazz to live ballet, there are plenty of things to do this weekend in and around Peekskill.
- 12 Grapes will be kicking off its weekend-long four year anniversary celebration starting at 9:30 p.m. with Johnny Fedz & da Bluez Boyz and special guest Tommy Blues Buddha. Admission is a $10 entertainment fee or $5 with a dinner entree.
- BeanRunner Cafe will be celebrating Women's History and Music Month with a special evening of music with Lisa Jane Lipkin, Elly Wininger and Susan Kane. The show starts at 7:30 p.m. and admission is $10.
- The Paramount Center for the Arts will host Dance Theater of Harlem Ensemble at 8 p.m. with a program that features a variety of short ballet performances and excerpts, giving the audience a behind-the-scenes look at the making of an artist, from the barre to the stage. Tickets are $25 and $45.
- The Birdsall House will host Phineas and the Lonely Leaves starting at 10 p.m. Admission is free for patrons.
- The Cove will have karaoke with Eddie Bone Robo starting at 9 p.m.
- The Peekskill Coffee House will host a free performance by area folk artist Fred Gillen starting at 8 p.m.
- Ruben's Mexican Cafe will have the rock band Hard Ten performing at 9:30 p.m. Admission is free for patrons.
- 12 Grapes will continue its fourth anniversary weekend with Steve Wexler & the Top Shelf, an 11 piece band that is among the bar's most popular guests, starting at 9:30 p.m. Admission is a $15 entertainment fee or $10 with a dinner entree.
- BeanRunner Cafe will host the 10th Annual Lady Got Chops Women's Jazz Festival event with piano jazz artist Sumi Tonooka & Erica Lindsay Quartet. The show starts at 7:30 p.m. and admission is $10.
- The Birdsall House will host Irish Seisun starting at 8 p.m. Admission is free for patrons.
- The Cove will host a live performance by Jensen Keets With Second Wind Trio starting at 9 p.m.
- The Paramount Center for the Arts will host a performance of "My Mother's Italian, My Father's Jewish & I'm in Therapy!," a one-man play by comedian Steve Solomon, inspired by his multiethnic upbringing in Sheepshead Bay in Brooklyn.
- The Peekskill Coffee House will host a free show by the Messrs Minstrel at 8 p.m.
- Ruben's Mexican Cafe will have DJ Destroyer spinning tunes starting at 10 p.m. Admission is free for patrons.
- 12 Grapes' fourth anniversary weekend culminates with a free performance by the Westchester world-fusion band Harmonium starting at 6 p.m.
- BeanRunner Cafe will host a free show featuring "Piano Friends" Susan Fisher Wright, a Peekskill native, and musician and Broadway music director Peter Valentine starting at 4 p.m.
- The Paramount Center for the Arts will present a screening of "La Bohème" from the Gran Teatre del Liceu, Barcelona, Spain at 1 p.m. The opera is 2 hours and 50 minutes long including intermissions and admission is $20 for the general public.
- The Peekskill Coffee House will host a free performance by the band "A Moment of Panic" at 1 p.m.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.