PEEKSKILL, N.Y.From live rock to comedy films to childrens stories, there is plenty to do this week across the city.
Monday, July 23
- Junior Critics Book Club at Field Library: 4:30 p.m. A book club for children in grades 5-7. 4 Nelson Ave.
- Committee of the Whole Meeting: 6:30 p.m. The meeting will be held in the Paul Schwerman Conference Room at Peekskill City Hall. A special Common Council Meeting will be held to adopt two items during the meeting. 840 Main St..
- Childrens Special: A world of Stories at Riverfront Green: 7-8 p.m. Christopher Agostino incorporates transformation face-painting with folktales from around the world. In case of inclement weather this show will be moved indoors to the Ford Administration Building, 1031 Elm St..
Tuesday, July 24
- Tuesday Tales at Field Library: 11 a.m. Story times for children ages three and up. 4 Nelson Ave.
- Check it Out Book Club at Field Library: 4:30 p.m. A book club for students in grades 3-4. 4 Nelson Ave.
Wednesday, July 25
- Mixing in Math at Field Library: 3:30 p.m. Numbers fun for kids ages five and up. 4 Nelson Ave.
- Kenny Loggins at the Paramount: 8 p.m. The multi-platinum selling musician with decades of songs under his belt will perform live. Tickets range from $55 - $75. 1008 Brown St.
Thursday, July 26
- Historic & Landmarks Preservation Board Meeting: 7:30 p.m. The meeting will be held in the Common Council chambers at Peekskill City Hall. 840 Main St.
- Fifth Annual 12 Grapes Grape Jam Kickoff: 8:30-11 p.m. Four straight nights of over-the-top jam sessions hosted by some of 12 Grapes favorite artists. The event starts Thursday with a free Sessions event hosted by JP Patrick. JP has been on the Blues music scene for years as a front-man, vocalist and songwriter and Blues harp and alto sax player. 12 N. Division St.
- Fred Gillen Jr. at Birdsall House: 10 p.m. 1 a.m. The popular local musician will perform a free set for patrons. 970 Main St.
Friday, July 27
- Dark Horse at the Paramount: 7:30 p.m. Writer and director Todd Solondz (Welcome to the Dollhouse, Happiness, Life During Wartime) examines the irretrievability of youth and the mercilessness of time passing in this melancholy and idiosyncratic comedy. General Admission is $9. 1008 Brown St.
- Roof Access at the BeanRunner Café : 7:30-11 p.m. The band specializes in funk, R&B and hip-hop, but is capable of playing any style. They cover classic artists such as Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson and Earth wind and Fire, as well as contemporary artists such as Soulive, Jay-Z and Galactic. Admission is $10 and $7 for students. 201 South Division St.
- Fifth Annual Grape Jam at 12 Grapes featuring The Track : 9:30 p.m.-12:30 a.m. The rock band will be performing on the second night of the Grape Jam with original rock compositions. Admission is a $10 or $5 with a dinner entrée. 12 N. Division St.
- Kathleen Pemble and the Agreements at Birdsall House : 6-9 p.m. The band will be performing a free live set for patrons in the outdoor beer garden. 970 Main St.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.