PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- The school year is coming to a close but there is plenty to do in and around the city this week.
Monday, June 11
- Second Monday's Studio II Open Mic for Music and Vocals at BeanRunner Cafe : 7-9 p.m. All types of music, instruments and vocals are welcome. Sign-ups start at 7 p.m. Each performer or group will get two songs or 10 minutes. Bring your instruments and voices. Studio II is at Antonia Arts, 814 South St., and proceeds from the $5 admission will go to Antonia. For more information call 914-930-7588.
- Peekskill Common Council Committee of the Whole meeting : 6:30 p.m. The meeting will be held in the Paul Schwerman Conference Room and is open to the public. City Hall is at 840 Main St.
- Peekskill Common Council Meeting : 7:30 p.m. The meeting will be held in the Common Council chambers at Peekskill City Hall.
Tuesday, June 12
- Tuesday Tales at Field Library : 11 a.m. to noon. Stories for children ages 3 to 5. 4 Nelson Ave.
- Page Turners Book Club : 4:30 p.m. A book club for teens. 4 Nelson Ave.
- Peekskill City School District Board of Education Meeting : 7 p.m. The public session will start following an executive session. The administrative center is at 1031 Elm St.
Wednesday, June 13
- Book Babies at Field Library: 11 a.m. to noon. Stories for children up to age 3. 4 Nelson Ave.
Thursday, June 14
- Open Mic Night with Steve Chizmadia at 12 Grapes : 8:30-11:30 p.m. The monthly Open Mics are acoustic, but most styles of music are welcome. All talented artists are invited to take the stage. The bar has a full back line and drum kit, so bring your guitar, bass or sticks. Sign-up begins at 8 p.m. Admission is free. 12 N. Division St. (914) 737-6624.
Friday, June 15
- Teddy Bear Tea Party: 11 a.m. A party for children with their stuffed animal friends. 4 Nelson Ave.
- The Brighton Beat at BeanRunner Cafe: 7-10 p.m. The Brighton Beat have been playing music together for years. Realizing their common love for jazz and afrobeat, they decided to set forth on an adventurous path, writing their own interpretation of afrobeat-funk in today's modern world. Admission is $10. 201 S. Division St. (914) 737-1701
- Chris Fox and Mojo Monde at 12 Grapes : 9:30 p.m. -12:30 a.m. Mojo Monde is not only known for soulful original music but the band is also an interpreter of others' music as well, whether playing 1960's British invasion tunes or 1970's funk. Admission is a $10 entertainment Fee or $5 with dinner entree. 12 N. Division St. For reservations, call (914) 737-6624.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.