PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- The Peekskill City School District and the Hendrick Hudson School District will be closed Monday through Friday this week for spring recess, but there are lots of other things happening in and around the city.
- There will be a Committee of the Whole meeting at Peekskill City Hall starting at 6:30 p.m. in the Paul Schwerman Conference Room.
- BeanRunner Cafe will host "Taking pART: Activism & Art" from 6-8 p.m. with an opening presentation by Ilse Schreiber-Noll moderated by Carla Rae Johnson. Admission is free.
- The will be a meeting of the Peekskill City School District Board of Education starting with an executive session at 5:30 p.m. and a public meeting beginning at approximately 6 p.m.
- The Paramount Center for the Arts will present a screening of "La Bohème" from the Gran Teatre del Liceu, Barcelona, Spain at 2 p.m. The opera is 2 hours and 50 minutes long including intermissions and admission is $20 for the general public.
- The Field Library will have a free egg dying for children ages 3 and up from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Space is limited and participants are encouraged to sign up in advance.
- 12 Grapes will have Jon Cobert performing a free set of eclectic mix of Pop/Rock covers, as well as original tunes starting at 8:30 p.m.
- Birdsall House will host Mark Sinnis starting at 10 p.m. Admission is free for patrons.
Check back Friday for a list of what's going on this weekend in Peekskill.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.