PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- It's graduation weekend in the city but there are plenty of other things to do as well:
Friday, June 22
- The Nenad Bach Band at BeanRunner Café: 7:30-10:30 p.m. A potent shot of heartfelt, soulful rock, packed with provocative lyrics that harken back to the ethos of the sixties. Admission is $10. 201 South Division Street.
- The Fred Savages '80's Party Band at 12 Grapes: 9:30 p.m. -12:30 a.m. All your favorite tunes from the decade of the Rubik's Cube, the birth of the Cosby sweater, the heyday of Pac-Man and the reign of the mullet. Admission is a $10 entertainment fee or $5 with a dinner entrée. 12 North Division St.
Saturday, June 23
- "Steve Jobs: The Lost Interview" at The Paramount: 5 p.m. The film was shot in 1995, 10 years after Jobs had left Apple. At the time of the interview, Jobs was running Next, the niche computer company he had founded after leaving Apple and would later sell to his old company, enabling Jobs return to his Apple roots. Admission is $9 for the general public. The Paramount Center for the Arts is at 1008 Brown St. in Peekskill.
- Jiro Dreams of Sushi at The Paramount: 7:30 p.m. The film is the story of 85-year-old Jiro Ono of Japan, considered by many to be the world’s greatest sushi chef. General admission is $9. 1008 Brown St. (914) 739-233.
- Clifton Anderson Quartet at BeanRunner Café: 7:30 – 10:30 p.m. A featured member of the Sonny Rollins group from 1983 to 2009, Anderson toured worldwide and appeared on ten of Sonny's recordings. Anderson's last release, "Decade," has earned critical acclaim. Admission is $10. 201 South Division St.
- Duchess Di and the Distraction at 12 Grapes: 9:30 p.m. -12:30 a.m. A unique style of risque blues, swing and jump, and American roots music like rockabilly and early rock and roll. Admission is a $10 entertainment fee or $5 with a dinner entrée.12 North Division St..
Sunday, June 24
- Peekskill High School Graduation: 2 p.m. The ceremony will take place outdoors under a tent on the parade grounds of the school campus. Those looking to attend without tickets can sit outside on the lawn. Peekskill High School is at 1072 Elm St.
- Hendrick Hudson High School Graduation: 1 p.m. The ceremony will take place on the campus of SUNY Purchase, 735 Anderson Hill Road in Purchase, N.Y.
- Raymonda at The Paramount: 11 a.m. This production from the Bolshoi Ballet in Moscow stars Ruslan Skvortsov, Pavel Dmitrichenko and Maria Alexandrova as Raymonda. A beautiful heiress is engaged to a worthy knight – but will an exotic interloper snatch her away? General admission is $20. 1008 Brown St.
- Comedy on the Peekskill Trolley: 3 p.m. Patty and Patty (veteran actress/writers Marilyn Matarrese and Anita Salvateare) are two middle-aged Italian women from Ninth Avenue in Hell’s Kitchen, who are realizing they don’t quite fit in anymore. The comedians will tour Peekskill where Patty spent most of her youth, and listen as they interject their thoughts throughout the trip. The tour will depart from in front of the Bean Runner Café at the corner of Ester Street and South Division Street and the cost is $20.
- Greg Westhoff's Westchester Swing Band at 12 Grapes: 5:30 - 8 p.m. The band performs classic swing music, Sinatra, Broadway selections and songs from the '40's, '50's and more. The $5 cover goes directly to the band.