PEEKSKILL, N.Y. - There's plenty to do in and around the city this weekend, led by two big shows at the Paramount Center for the Arts.
Grammy Award-winning singer Judy Collins will appear at the Paramount on Friday at 8 p.m. And on Sunday, comedian and actor Bob Saget will offer an evening of mature comedy for adults starting at 7 p.m., with special guest Andy Pitz. Tickets for both shows are available at the box office and the Paramount website.
- 12 Grapes will host a night of urban folk and jazz with KJ Denhert, starting at 9:30 p.m. Admission is $10, or $5 with a dinner entree.
- The BeanRunner Cafe features a night of folk rock with The Accidental Gypsies starting at 7:30 p.m. Admission is $10.
- The Birdsall House is presenting Fred Gillen Jr. at 10 p.m. Admission is free for patrons.
- The Peekskill Coffee House will offer rock and blues cover artists Lee and K.D., starting at 8 p.m. Admission is free for patrons.
- 12 Grapes will feature the Blues Buddha Band starting at 9:30 p.m. Admission is $10, or $5 with a dinner entree.
- The BeanRunner Cafe hosts the band Labor of Love starting at 7:30 p.m. Admission is $10.
- The Field Notes Book Club will meet to discuss the book "The Zookeeper's Wife" by Diane Ackerman, starting at 1:30 p.m. at the Field Library.
- The Peekskill Coffee House presents R&B singer Matt Turk starting at 8 p.m. Admission is free for patrons.
- The Peekskill Museum will host Anthony Czarnecki' presentation "Lincolns Secret Visit to West Point" at 2 p.m. Admission is free for museum members and a $5 donation for the general public.
- Senator Greg Ball (R, C Patterson) is hosting a free community BBQ at Mt. Olivet Church from noon to 3 p.m. and will include a pig roast, jerk chicken, hot dogs, hamburgers and beverages.
- The Assumption School will hold a birthday party to celebrate the school's 105th anniversary. There will be a special Mass at Noon, with cake and ice cream immediately following.
- 12 Grapes presents its monthly kids' open mic night starting at 6 p.m. Sign-up begins at 5:30 p.m. Kids under 15 must be accompanied by an adult. A special $10 burger menu will be offered.
- The BeanRunner Cafe is offering the Noo Moves Entertainment's Power of Performance event from 6-9 p.m. It features R&B singer Tiona D, New York poet Rainmaker, and reggae artist Ronnie Bopps. Admission is $5.
- The Birdsall House presents a Bluegrass Jam, hosted by Trevor Hochman. It starts at 8 p.m. Admission is free for patrons.
- The Peekskill Coffee House will host the Beatles tribute band The Aardvarks starting at 1 p.m. Admission is free for patrons.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.