PEEKSKILL, N.Y. Here's a rundown of what's going on this week in and around the City of Peekskill:
- The Peekskill City School District is closed for Winter Break all this week. Schools will be closed but buildings will be open for staff.
- City hall will be closed in observance of Presidents Day and most city employees are off.
- The Paramount Center for the Arts will present a screening of the family film "The Whale" at 1 p.m. The film is rated G and general admission is $9.
- The Peekskill Committee of the Whole Meeting will be held at 6:30 p.m. in the Paul Schwerman Conference Room.
- The Field Library will have a "Gotta Game" session with free board game fun for all ages at 2 p.m.
- 12 Grapes will host a special rehearsal night with Steve Wexler & the Top Shelf starting at 8:30 p.m. Catch a live rehearsal of this amazing 10-piece band, powered by original arrangements and a talented lineup of professional musicians. Admission is free for patrons.
- The Paramount Center for the Arts will present a screening of the film "The Way," starring Martin Sheen at 7:30 p.m. The film is rated PG-13 and general admission is $9.
- The Field Library will have a "Peekskill Tale Waggers" session featuring free oral storytelling for all ages at 2 p.m.
- The historic and landmarks preservation board will meet at 7:30 p.m. in the common council chambers.
- 12 Grapes will host a live blues sessions with JP Patrick, "Tasty" Mike Murphy, Paulie Biz, and Linda Geiger starting at 8:30 p.m. Admission is free for patrons.
- The Paramount Center for the Arts presents The Pink Floyd Experience at 8 p.m. The performance recreates the legendary band's unique music and performances. Tickets are $35 to $55.
- The Birdsall House will host the band South County at 10 p.m. Admission is free.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.