PEEKSKILL, N.Y. – Crafts, awards and lots of live music highlight this weekend's events in Peekskill.
Friday, Jan 25
- Richie Goods and Nuclear Fusion: 7:30 p.m. Nuclear Fusion is just back from its April European tour, and features Mike Clark on drums, Tom Guarna on guitar, Danny Grissett on keyboards and Richie Goods on bass. It's jazz fusion with a welcome dose of funk. Admission is $10. BeanRunner Café, 201 S. Division St.
- Andrea Ekizian and Andrew Bordeaux: 9:30 p.m. Ekizian is "Andrea" of the Armenian Rug Riders, while Bordeaux is is a singer/songwriter and a guitarist and violinist. The duo will be performing songs by The Rolling Stones, The Pretenders, Carly Simon, Sheryl Crow and others. Admission is a $5 entertainment fee for all, including diners. 12 Grapes, 12 N. Division St.
- Phineas and the Lonely Leaves: 10 p.m. The local band will perform a free live set for patrons. Birdsall House, 970 Main St.
Saturday, Jan. 26
- Simple Crafts For Children: 11 a.m. Children can drop by with their parents to take part in a free craft activity. Field Library, 4 Nelson Ave.
- The Joey Ray Band: 7:30 p.m. The band is a mix of Reggae, R&B, Soul and Pop. Dr. Joe Ferry, Grammy-nominated bassist, has toured with New Orleans legends Dr. John, Allen Toussaint, The New Orleans Klezmer All-Stars and Amanda Shaw; toured with blues guitarist Sue Foley. Admission is $10. BeanRunner Café, 201 S. Division St.
- Fred Gillen Jr.: 8 p.m. Free live set for patrons. Peekskill Coffee House, 101 S. Division St.
- 32nd Annual Hudson Valley Gateway Chamber Of Commerce Awards Dinner: 7 to 11 p.m. The Field Library will receive the 2013 Quality of Life Award. The Business of the Year Award, the Maureen Erickson Volunteer of the Year Award and the Chairman's Award also will be handed out. Tickets are $95 each, $170 per couple, and can be obtained by calling the HVGCC at 914-737-3600, or email Deb Milone, Executive Director, email@example.com. Colonial Terrace, 119 Oregon Rd, Cortlandt.
- Blues Buddha: 9:30 p.m. Blues Buddha's CD, "I Like It A Lot," continues to receive air time around the world. Admission is a $10 entertainment fee, or $5 with a dinner entrée. 12 Grapes, 12 N. Division St.
Sunday, Jan. 27
- Arlon Bennett: 4 p.m. Bennett is a storyteller who delivers timeless vignettes and melodies in his own style that recalls Harry Chapin and James Taylor. He has just released a new CD, “World of Possibility,” and will be showcasing new songs. Admission is $10. BeanRunner Café, 201 S. Division St.
- plugged Sunday With Melissa Frabotta and Phil Rosenstock: 6 p.m. Frabotta is in the midst of recording her debut album, "Kites and Clouds," and her songs range from pop to laid-back country. Rosenstock is a bass player who is studying music at the Conservatory at SUNY Purchase. Both musicians will take the stage to perform a selection of Melissa's original tunes and covers. Admission is a $ 10 minimum per person toward food and drink. 12 Grapes, 12 N. Division St.
- 1 Police Investigating After Man's Body Is Found In Peekskill Creek
- 2 Peekskill Restaurant Fined By New York Liquor Authority
- 3 Two Charged With Stealing Power Tools At Cortlandt Home Depot
- 4 Police Seek Public's Help In Search For Missing Man In Yorktown
- 5 Snow Could Return To Peekskill For Monday Morning Commute