PEEKSKILL, N.Y. – To kick off the 2013 St. Patrick's Day season, the Peekskill St. Patrick’s Parade Committee will hold its first-time ever Grand Marshal "Pourformance."
The event will be held Thursday, Feb. 7 from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. at the Quiet Man Public House at 15 N. Division St. Admission is free, and all tips and donations will go to the Peekskill St. Patrick's Parade Committee toward the cost of parades and events. The dining room will be open for dinner.
Grand Marshals from previous years will be on hand to pour and/or perform, including: Tim Murphy; Dr. John McGurty; Joe Martin; Ann and Joe Brady; Maire McVicker; Jack Murphy; Ray Bermingham; Tim Carey; Pat Garvey; Bill Powers; Liz Mitchell Marques; Joselle Cunane and Jack Carey.
This year’s parade will be held Saturday, March 9, and will kick off with a fundraiser brunch open to all at the Elks Lodge from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
At 1:30 p.m., a special Mass in honor of St. Patrick will be celebrated at Assumption Church. The parade will kick off near the church about 3 p.m.
The Grand Marshal this year is Deborah Carlin Polhill, and the aides are Joanne Connor, Thomas McCaffrey and Catherine Pisani. Lauren Brady will represent her grandfather, Joe Brady Sr., who was selected as an aide this year, but who died several weeks ago.
- 1 Police Investigating After Man's Body Is Found In Peekskill Creek
- 2 Peekskill Restaurant Fined By New York Liquor Authority
- 3 Two Charged With Stealing Power Tools At Cortlandt Home Depot
- 4 Police Seek Public's Help In Search For Missing Man In Yorktown
- 5 Daughters Defend Mother Who Drove SUV In Fatal Train Crash On 'Today' Show