PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- The annual Peekskill Veterans Day memorial ceremony will be held on Nov. 12 at 10 a.m. at Monument Park.
All area residents are invited to attend the ceremony, which is organized by the Peekskill American Legion Post and is attended by local city, state and county officials.
"Our first President George Washington said it so clearly when he spoke of the mettle of
a country and the willingness of its citizens to serve in defense of country being
dependent on the treatment of its veterans and families," said Peekskil American Legion Post Commander and event organizer John Donohue. "Today, more than ever, the fair treatment of our military and veterans is being eroded while wars are being waged, and the wounded are multiplying."
Donohue urged residents to support the preservation of the crucial services at the VA Hudson Valley Health Care System in Montrose.
Monument Park is at the intersection of North Division Street and Highland Avenue. For more information, call Donohue at 917-834-8588.
- 1 Man, 24, In Custody After Shooting Injures Two In Peekskill
- 2 Peekskill Named One Of State's 10 Most Fiscally Stressed School Districts
- 3 Westchester High Schools Rank High Among New York's Best
- 4 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Peekskill; 6-12 Inches Of Snow Likely
- 5 100-Year-Old Peekskill Resident Attends Hudson Valley Chamber Gala