PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- Mardi Gras festivities are arriving in Peekskill featuring a parade, food and specialty drinks for its pub crawl on Friday.
All restaurants will have a signature Peekskill Mardi Gras hurricane drink that will be served in a souvenir glass as well as other drinks and New Orleans food specials. Vote on your favorite hurricane drink and your favorite bartender. Best costume wins tickets for Buckwheat Zydeco on Saturday at the Paramount.
The pub crawl and parade schedule are as follows:
- 6 p.m. – Peekskill Brewery.
- 6:45 p.m. – Parade: The floats, participants and Stella’s Trolley (for the snowbirds) will depart in front of The Peekskill Brewery and head up South Street to Division Street.
- 7:15 p.m. – Gleasons.
- 8 p.m. – Hudson Room: $2 Zatarains Fried Louisiana Oyster Shooters; $4 Abita Beers; $10 passion fruit hurricanes (you keep the glass).
- 8:45 p.m. – Ruben’s Mexican Cafe.
- 9:30 p.m. – The Quietman Public House.
- 10:15 p.m. – Iron Vine
- 11 p.m. – Birdsall House
The Peekskill Coffee House will be open all night long.
For more information, visit http://gopeekskill.com/mardi-gras-week-peekskill.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.