PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- Ladies Day, a jazz ensemble founded by vocalist MJ Territo that includes pianist Linda Presgrave, bassist Iris Ornig and drummer Barbara Merjan, will be performing in Peekskill on Saturday, Aug. 23.
Ladies Day will celebrate jazz musicians Mary Lou Williams, Peggy Lee, Abbey Lincoln, Iola Brubeck and Fran Landesman by playing a selection of their songs at a performance at the BeanRunner Cafe from 8 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. The trio will also perform their own original compositions and collaborations.
The BeanRunner Café is at 201 South Division St., Peekskill.
“While excellent female musicians, especially instrumentalists, are increasingly visible on the jazz scene, their equally excellent compositions are not as widely known,” says Territo.
“So few people know the invaluable contributions these groundbreaking women made to the jazz repertoire. Ladies Day honors these amazing women and their work.”
Admission is $10. Reservations may be made at 914-737-1701.
For more information about Ladies Day, contact MJ Territo at email@example.com or 914-318-6667.
- 1 Hudson Valley Expo Returns To Peekskill For First Time In 70 Years
- 2 Man Charged With Multiple Traffic Infractions On Route 202
- 3 Police Officer From Mohegan Lake Sues Shoe Manufacturer After Injury
- 4 Man With 20-Plus Convictions Charged In Peekskill Beauty Salon Burglary
- 5 Man Charged With DWI After Head-On Collision On Bear Mountain Bridge Road