PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- Ladies Day, a jazz ensemble founded by vocalist MJ Territo that includes pianist Linda Presgrave, bassist Iris Ornig and drummer Barbara Merjan, will be performing in Peekskill on Saturday, Aug. 23.
Ladies Day will celebrate jazz musicians Mary Lou Williams, Peggy Lee, Abbey Lincoln, Iola Brubeck and Fran Landesman by playing a selection of their songs at a performance at the BeanRunner Cafe from 8 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. The trio will also perform their own original compositions and collaborations.
The BeanRunner Café is at 201 South Division St., Peekskill.
“While excellent female musicians, especially instrumentalists, are increasingly visible on the jazz scene, their equally excellent compositions are not as widely known,” says Territo.
“So few people know the invaluable contributions these groundbreaking women made to the jazz repertoire. Ladies Day honors these amazing women and their work.”
Admission is $10. Reservations may be made at 914-737-1701.
For more information about Ladies Day, contact MJ Territo at firstname.lastname@example.org or 914-318-6667.
- 1 State Police Warn Peekskill Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Cortlandt Manor Man Killed In Hit-And-Run Accident
- 3 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 4 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation
- 5 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield