PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- Ladies Day, a jazz ensemble founded by vocalist MJ Territo that includes pianist Linda Presgrave, bassist Iris Ornig and drummer Barbara Merjan, will be performing in Peekskill on Saturday, Aug. 23.
Ladies Day will celebrate jazz musicians Mary Lou Williams, Peggy Lee, Abbey Lincoln, Iola Brubeck and Fran Landesman by playing a selection of their songs at a performance at the BeanRunner Cafe from 8 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. The trio will also perform their own original compositions and collaborations.
The BeanRunner Café is at 201 South Division St., Peekskill.
“While excellent female musicians, especially instrumentalists, are increasingly visible on the jazz scene, their equally excellent compositions are not as widely known,” says Territo.
“So few people know the invaluable contributions these groundbreaking women made to the jazz repertoire. Ladies Day honors these amazing women and their work.”
Admission is $10. Reservations may be made at 914-737-1701.
For more information about Ladies Day, contact MJ Territo at firstname.lastname@example.org or 914-318-6667.
- 1 Emergency Responders Rescue Injured Hiker Near Bear Mountain Bridge
- 2 Cortlandt Police Charge Suspect In Fraud Case After Facebook Tip
- 3 Donald Foster, 68, Business Owner, Husband Of Former Peekskill Mayor
- 4 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 5 Peekskill Marks July 4 With Parade