HARRISON, N.Y. -- Manhattanville College in Harrison will host the annual Westchester Walk to Defeat ALS on Sunday.
The event is sponsored by the ALS Association - Greater NY Chapter and co-chaired by Fran and Bill Monti of North Salem. ALS, commonly known as Lou Gehrig's Disease, is a disease of nerve cells that affects voluntary muscle movement. It is usually genetic, and is incurable and fatal.
The Montis have led the walk for the past 11 years. Their son William was diagnosed at the age of 28 and died when he was 33.
The Walk to Defeat ALS is the ALS Association's biggest fundraiser of the year. Funds raised go to support care services and research. The Walk will be approximately two miles. Participants can walk as part of a team or as individuals. The Walk will commence at 9:30 a.m. on Sunday at Manhattanville College, 2900 Purchase Street in Harrison. Visit the ALS Association website or email email@example.com for more information.
- 1 Two Peekskill Men Charged After Alleged Gang Assault In Yorktown
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Peekskill Native George Pataki Trades Heated Barbs With Donald Trump
- 4 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash
- 5 Peekskill Celebrates July 4 With Picnics, Pyrotechnics