Yiddish Expressions: The Richness Is Dwindling
Tuesday, Nov 27, 2012 at 7:30pm-9:00pm
31 Glengary Road, Croton-on-Hudson 10520
The language our grandparents were speaking, to keep us from understanding what was being said, is disappearing. Will this heritage of European Jews be preserved? Presented by Rabbi David Sperling.
This exciting new adult lecture series, sponsored by Brotherhood, is open to all men and women in the community.
Following is the complete lecture series schedule:
• October 24 - The Hebrew Bible: Torah, Writing, Prophets
• November 27 - Yiddish Expressions: The Richness Is Dwindling
• January 23 - Comparative Religions: How Similar/How Different?
• February 27 - How Come Some Of The Best Comics Are Jewish?
• April 24 - The History of Anti-Semitism