PEEKSKILL, N.Y. – Peekskill Residents want a bigger variety of retail shopping and more casual dining options to open up in the city.
Over 60 of our readers shared their ideas on the Peekskill Daily Voice Facebook page when asked what businesses the city was lacking
Many residents wrote the city needed both more upscale shops and more bargain department stores like Target and Burlington Coat Factory.
“We need retail stores like it use to be…we had Premier Boutique, Rubenfelds, Howland’s…people complain there is nowhere to shop,” said reader Marlene Ball.
Reader Louise Siniscalchi Vermandois agreed.
“We need a clothing and shoe store, but not cheap clothing or shoes,” she wrote.
Some readers also wanted to see more upscale grocery stores such as Trader Joe’s, Mrs. Green’s and Whole Foods. Many also wrote they wanted to see more casual and fast food restaurants such as Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Golden Corral or Boston Market.
Several readers told us they would love to see more places that offered indoor recreation like rock climbing or a skating rink. Several told us they wanted the family restaurant chain Dave and Busters, which feature large arcade areas, to come to the city.
“We need a Dave and Busters type of thing,” said reader Patricia Smith. “We need a fun place to eat and play at the same time!”
- 1 Peekskill Democrats Pick Candidates For November Election
- 2 Man Charged With Distributing Crystal Meth In Westchester Bust
- 3 Bank Teller Pleads Guilty To Stealing $1.4M From Westchester Depositors
- 4 Body Found In Hudson Could Be Missing Kayaker In Murder Case, Report Says
- 5 American Legion To Host June 6 Run/Walk For Heroes In Peekskill